ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Universe Creation (sandbox/creation mode)
Universe Creation
CsaganDate: Saturday, 03.11.2012, 08:22 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
This engine is very excellent as it stands now but I was wondering what the plans are for the future as far as actual game building goes. There are many engines on the market such as Cryteks CryENGINE3 where anyone can use the engine to create games of their own. Now it seems as though this engine is further from making actual playable games at that level, not that this shouldn't be a goal, but I was wondering how possible it would be to make a mode within the engine that starts you off with an empty universe and would allow the user to start building their own universe, kind of like that universe sandbox game. Obviously this engine has a lot less physics stuff going on, however this engine far surpasses that other one, and I love physics. It would be great to be able to play around with putting planets and stars next to each other in the orientation of my choosing just to take cool screenshots. Again I don't know how possible this is as far as writing the code goes but just something to consider.

BBClickeDate: Saturday, 24.11.2012, 20:05 | Message # 2
Observer
Group: Newbies
Brazil
I like the idea, like in Spore, but your description it's like, 10000000000 times better cool

SolarisDate: Sunday, 25.11.2012, 03:23 | Message # 3
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
France
Quote (Csagan)
I was wondering what the plans are for the future as far as actual game building goes.
Some answers :
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/21-11-1
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/14-415-1

ScruffygamerDate: Monday, 13.02.2017, 21:50 | Message # 4
Astronaut
Group: Users
United States
Quote Csagan ()
but I was wondering how possible it would be to make a mode within the engine that starts you off with an empty universe and would allow the user to start building their own universe, kind of like that universe sandbox game.

It would be cool to beable to place galaxies, change their size and type, and maybe place stars and planets..

JackDoleDate: Tuesday, 14.02.2017, 15:21 | Message # 5
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote Scruffygamer ()
It would be cool to beable to place galaxies, change their size and type, and maybe place stars and planets..

It is possible.
List of Mods for SpaceEngine 0.980

Don't forget to look here.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Gameplay Discussions » Universe Creation (sandbox/creation mode)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: