ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Tips For Improving YOUR SE Experience! (Share Your Tips For Improving Your SE Experience!)
Tips For Improving YOUR SE Experience!
spacerDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 07:34 | Message # 31
Star Engineer
Group: Users
Israel
quarior14, ok thanks! i have notepad :)

EDIT: i did it but i cant see its like yours. maybe i am wrong. so here some images:

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

Edited by spacer - Sunday, 31.07.2016, 07:40

BambusmanDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 10:39 | Message # 32
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
spacer, idk why but once you put the stars point sources to "motion blur" DoctorOfSpaces shaders won't work. it works fine putting this setting to "sprites".

spacerDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 10:40 | Message # 33
Star Engineer
Israel
Bambusman, ohhh wow! its working with sprites. so that was the problem, thanks Bambusman,
and thank you DOC!

-carl sagan

BambusmanDate: Tuesday, 02.08.2016, 12:40 | Message # 34
Pioneer
Group: SE team
Germany
the reason DoctorOfSpace star shader won't work with motion blur is because the file is named "star_sprite_blu.glsl" but it should be "star_sprite_blur.glsl".
idk why i didnt see that earlier. biggrin

spacerDate: Tuesday, 02.08.2016, 12:44 | Message # 35
Star Engineer
Israel
Bambusman, ohh thanks! i will fix it

-carl sagan

ProteusDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 10:27 | Message # 36
Explorer
United States
I have a question for anyone who tweaks ship sss files and might have figured this out:

I was trying to manipulate the power of the main engines so that it only takes a couple minutes to travel about 20 AU across a system from one planet to another, which I have accomplished by turning the main engines value up to 500000 in the SSS. However, I can't seem to get it to slow down fast enough during the last half of its travel with retrograde engines, even turned to 1500000 (3x as powerful as main engines). It just runs into the planet, bounces off or zooms right past, turns around, comes back and passes again. Is it possible at all to get it to stop fast enough or is the calculation algorithm not yet tuned enough to know how to handle this?

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 16:44 | Message # 37
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Proteus ()
is the calculation algorithm not yet tuned enough to know how to handle this?

Pretty much this. It probably never will be either, in future versions ships will rip themselves apart with such forces.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ProteusDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 17:04 | Message # 38
Explorer
United States
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
It probably never will be either,

Are you sure about never?
For the sake of simulation, realism of this level is necessary yes - but when someone decides to make a game from it, that realism would need to be cut back for the sake of practical game play (ie, not being require to wait 10 hours to make it from one planet to one right next to it in a ship)

It just seems to me that what could be done, is having a ship begin its slowdown process earlier and in increments based on consideration of current velocity and current distance to target. E:D seems to be able to do it quite well.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 17:12 | Message # 39
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote Proteus ()
(ie, not being require to wait 10 hours to make it from one planet to one right next to it in a ship)

That is what the warp drive is for.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

ProteusDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 17:50 | Message # 40
Explorer
United States
Quote DoctorOfSpace ()
That is what the warp drive is for.

Yes I understand.

What I had in mind is dividing the warp drive into two different phases: interstellar, and interplanetary, in order that getting around a system is not so trivial as to take one second to get all the way across it for instance. I guess I'm saying that E:D's methods of getting around is something that seems so fun to experience (and so considerate of experiencing the scale of everything), it would be nice to have it here in some form.

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 18:14 | Message # 41
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote Proteus ()
getting around a system is not so trivial as to take one second to get all the way across it for instance

You can manually fly ships you know. smile

I have suggested setting journey times or a way to control how long a trip takes. The thing about warp drives though is that they pretty much guarantee arbitrarily high speeds so any in solar system journey is meaningless compared to interstellar or intergalactic trips.

EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Tips For Improving YOUR SE Experience! (Share Your Tips For Improving Your SE Experience!)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: