ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Version for Mac (When will Mac port be ready to download? What requirements?)
Version for Mac
MatDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 10:51 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Users
United Kingdom
As the description says, when will the Mac version be ready to download? And what are the system requirements? I'm fully prepared for a telling off for either not searching the site correctly, or breaking some other rule.

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 12:11 | Message # 2
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote Mat ()
when will the Mac version be ready to download?

No one can say, even me. I will start working on cross-platform support after finishing the Windows planetarium.

Quote Mat ()
And what are the system requirements?

The same as for Windows of course. 4 core CPU, 4-8 Gb RAM, and dedicated GPU (NVidia or AMD) with 2 Gb VRAM. I'm not sure Mac computers with such specs are exists.

MatDate: Sunday, 06.03.2016, 12:43 | Message # 3
Observer
United Kingdom
That's a shame. I was sort of expecting it to be ready a short while after you reached the goal. Keep up the good work and don't forget us Mac users.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 07.03.2016, 02:31 | Message # 4
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Mat ()
I was sort of expecting it to be ready a short while after you reached the goal.

Why? Do you think I already have Mac version, but keep it private until goal is reached? This is not true. I always have many things to do - SE is far from version 1.0, and cross-platform support have not the first place priority.

MatDate: Monday, 07.03.2016, 11:39 | Message # 5
Observer
United Kingdom
Oh I didn't expect you to have the Mac version ready and waiting. Of course not. I didn't mean to sound rude. I just thought that as you were funded, and as you reach the goals that are shown, you might begin work on that particular area of development.

Just to clarify, even though you have reached 40k, that doesn't actually mean you move on to the next stage in development? If that's the case then that's totally fine.

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 07.03.2016, 13:41 | Message # 6
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote Mat ()
Just to clarify, even though you have reached 40k, that doesn't actually mean you move on to the next stage in development?

Yes. I still didn't finish implementing previous goal features. Finished or partially implemented are marked by color on the funding page. But I work in many directions in parallel (some game options are already implemented). So it's possible what next major release will support Linux or Mac OS. But for now, some huge work must be done in source code to make it "compilable" in other OSes.

MatDate: Monday, 07.03.2016, 15:30 | Message # 7
Observer
United Kingdom
In that case keep up the good work. You're making something truly remarkable. If only more people would look at what you're making and give you the real funding and help that you deserve.

Thank you for answering my questions SpaceEngineer.

LewisJC30Date: Monday, 07.03.2016, 17:50 | Message # 8
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Hello space engineer, i noticed that you said the spec for the graphics card was 2gb of Vram, is this the recommended specs or the minimum? it's just the recommended and minimum at the moment on the SE page are 512mb and 1028mb so i was confused when i saw 2gb

Jackattack610Date: Thursday, 10.11.2016, 01:49 | Message # 9
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
The space engine funding goal for mac version has been completed but how long would it take to make a version for mac?

OstariskDate: Thursday, 10.11.2016, 03:09 | Message # 10
Pioneer
Australia
Quote Jackattack610 ()
The space engine funding goal for mac version has been completed but how long would it take to make a version for mac

Quite a while. There will be a lot of coding to do.

My mods

MosfetDate: Thursday, 10.11.2016, 13:42 | Message # 11
World Builder
Italy
Jackattack610, SpaceEngineer mentioned that he'll work on Mac and Linux versions after Space Engine will reach 1.0 version. When it will be, well probably he need to deliver all other mentioned features, and ironing the existing ones.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Version for Mac (When will Mac port be ready to download? What requirements?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: