ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » How do you dock?
How do you dock?
ZefnolyDate: Thursday, 14.01.2016, 14:49 | Message # 1
Space Tourist
Group: Users
Pirate
Hi! Trying to dock a skyclone shuttle to a large ship (yes the large ship has docking ports) I have messed around with some settings all day without any progress. Does it even work? got the latest 08 patch of 0.974

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

Thomas988Date: Friday, 15.01.2016, 19:13 | Message # 2
Space Pilot
United States
How have you tried to dock in the past? Your relative angle should be as small as possible (I usually go with three degrees or less), you shouldn't be traveling too fast, and you need to be within one meter of the docking port. And of course, make sure the right end of the skylone is facing the port. biggrin

All you need in life are space games and typhlosions.

VoekoevakaDate: Saturday, 16.01.2016, 19:24 | Message # 3
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
First, select the mothership as the reverence object. Then click on the "port" button, select a port that will be highlighted.

You can enable the autopilot (the "A" button) that help you to stop your movement (but not exactly, there remains a small speed), and go to the port.

The angle should be the same, and the position should be the back of the skylone a bit throuhg the top of the port. Press the dock button, and if you are well positionned enough, the shuttle should dock automatically.

Docking is hard without benn used to it. The first time I tried, I spend 10 minutes near the port trying to have the right speed and orientation.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

AerospacefagDate: Saturday, 16.01.2016, 21:25 | Message # 4
Pioneer
Russian Federation
Zefnoly, there are two videos, Space Engineer's and mine.

The system really lacks alignment GUI though, as of yet, which is not convenient for normal docking procedure.

ZefnolyDate: Sunday, 17.01.2016, 09:56 | Message # 5
Space Tourist
Pirate
I'm going to try again today. I was just almost giving up because i used the autopilot and everything and got a really accurate position. I'm known to docking protocols (has done it several times in games like KSP and SE)

A creature from a planet found far on the other side of Milkyway, found on a planet orbiting a gas giant.

ZefnolyDate: Sunday, 17.01.2016, 10:07 | Message # 6
Space Tourist
Pirate
Seems i got it. Was able to do it just fine now. Maybe it was bugged out last time i tried? The latest patches usually have some bugs certain times for me

xdark_princexDate: Sunday, 28.08.2016, 19:23 | Message # 7
Observer
Pirate
tried to dock into a ship of mine while it free falled into a star was aligned at 0 degrees and 1m away and still wouldn't dock in sad couldn't get relative velocity to 0 was always few decimals m/s

so does it have to be exactly perfect like 0.00 degrees to dock 0m/s 0m distance?

Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Assimilated.

xdark_princexDate: Tuesday, 30.08.2016, 06:41 | Message # 8
Observer
Pirate
Well I figured it out I was doing it the hard way -_- those videos don't really help much as not much explaining of what they are doing and when they do it.

So my problem was I was using only autokill rotation and manually syncing my speed and angle and left/right/up/down movement making it hard to get exactly 1m to the dock, then I push this magic button called flight assist and holycrap!!! it made it 10x easier to dock happy now I got myself a solar system pod that's loaded with 24 shuttles for planet diving <(^_^<) (>^_^)>

pretty much get within 1 km of the dock use flight assist then match your angle to around 0 by moving nose up down until it stops going up or down on the degrees, move left and right until it stop moving up or down on the degrees, tilt left or right until it stops moving up or down on the degrees, then with flight assist on you should be synced near 100% in speed so 0.00 m/s relative speed and use your correction engines to nudge yourself within 1m of the dock while rotating camera around to see which way to correct up/down/left/right/forward/back. once it hits 1m the dock will grab you tight and never let go even in warp speed!

Resistance Is Futile, You Will Be Assimilated.

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » How do you dock?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: