ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » You still have chance to get your own MUSIC in SE! (soundcloud, soundtrack and such things)
You still have chance to get your own MUSIC in SE!
mythoDate: Monday, 30.09.2013, 18:06 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
Ukraine
So this info for authors who visit space-engine-soundtrack-challenge or member of space-engine-soundtrack group or for all who want to get your own music in SE.
So... what we want? We want playing SE with good space music! So this is the deal:
- you can give your music (yes, for free, "submit your tracks under the Creative Commons Share Alike License") and get YOUR NAME in SE titles!!!
But there is some rules for that.
Music track must be good for background or must be chill-out-alike, it should not to be noisy or intensive.
You must put your track (or tracks) in space-engine-soundtrack-challenge group on Soundcloud with able to download and write a massage to moderator of group that you read this topic on this forum and want to take part in Challenge (and that you are not stupid spam-bot).
Track must be OGG 128-192 kbps (yes, when you uploading it on SC it must be OGG 128-192 kbps). It should not to be contain any silence in beginning or at the end of track but it must start and finish by zero volume (to avoid digital clicks - explanation).
File size - up to 10 Mb.
Well that's it and sorry for my broken english smile

(to English-speech SE community: Hello Guys! I'm from russian SE community. I need this topic in english part of forum for SC users. We want to allure (attract, engage) more authors for SE Soundtrack and more players for SE. Moderator - if I make mistake about Theme of Topic - please correct it.)

Edited by mytho - Tuesday, 01.10.2013, 10:44

RockoRocksDate: Monday, 30.09.2013, 19:12 | Message # 2
World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
Is this for real? Well, I don't make any music, but If i had any, i'd submit it.
Quote (mytho)
It should not to be contain any silence in beginning or at the end of track but it must start and finish by zero volume (to avoid digital clicks).

And I don't understand, your soundtrack may not contain any silence at the beginning, but still it must begin and start by "zero volume"?? Please clarify...

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

NovaSiliskoDate: Monday, 30.09.2013, 19:22 | Message # 3
Explorer
Group: SE team
United States
Quote (RockoRocks)
And I don't understand, your soundtrack may not contain any silence at the beginning, but still it must begin and start by "zero volume"?? Please clarify...

He means don't have a couple seconds of silence at the beginning or end, and by "must start at zero volume" he means the waveform must be centered and normalized - as in, the "zero point" of the sound must be at zero, otherwise you get an annoying and loud CLICK as the track starts and ends, instantly moving the speakers to the non-zero point, then back again when it ends.

Regarding the topic, 128 kbps seems a bit low... that would be very noticeably low quality to anyone with decent listening equipment. Why not at 192? Is OGG any less noticeably compressed than MP3?

Edited by NovaSilisko - Monday, 30.09.2013, 19:28

mythoDate: Tuesday, 01.10.2013, 09:58 | Message # 4
Observer
Ukraine
NovaSilisko, thank you MAN! With my broken english I can't explain it better about clicks and silence.
Why not 192? - well if it were my decision it should be a FLAC. But Space Engineer want OGG and want that it took less Mb. But we still have ability to change that. At least bit rate. 192 - is grate for me. Let's write to Space Engineer about it.

Added (01.10.2013, 12:58)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (RockoRocks)
Is this for real?

Sure. We (russian part of forum) have talks about SE music for 1 year. But we (me, because it my part - music) forgot to talk about it with english part of forum. So I try to correct it.
Also we have a group on SC for music. But this group was spamed in stone (many people, many music, no soundtrack). So decision was - start new group on SC and make info message on forum to make sure that musics in new group on SC is for SE Soundtrack.
So - yes it's true. I understand that with my english it more like joke or drivel but it's not. In russian part of forum I'm member of SE team group - you can check it, all what I'd write here - is agreed with Space Engineer.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 01.10.2013, 10:01 | Message # 5
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
RockoRocks, if this wasn't legitimate then I would have removed the thread by now smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 01.10.2013, 10:11 | Message # 6
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
RockoRocks, if this wasn't legitimate then I would have removed the thread by now

No no :))

mytho, ok, lets bitrate be 128-192 kbps. We may go from another side: limit the file size to 10 Mb. This automatically limits the track length to 3-5 minutes. I have many soundtracks 10-15 minutes long (!) - this is too much, especially if you taking into account that SE will switch tracks automatically depending on game situation. Users simply may never hear the end part of such long tracks!

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 22.10.2013, 18:10 | Message # 7
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
Some random ambiental music made by me: https://soundcloud.com/sidusbrist/ambience, hope you enjoy smile (almost fractal music)

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

Edited by Salvo - Tuesday, 22.10.2013, 19:55

SolarLinerDate: Tuesday, 22.10.2013, 22:20 | Message # 8
Explorer
France
I think that can fit into the Space theme. At least it's very ambiant and descriptive: https://docs.google.com/file....sharing

custom landing page to share: http://bit.ly/spaceengine

VoekoevakaDate: Tuesday, 22.10.2013, 22:55 | Message # 9
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Maybe this old song I made 3 years ago can fit...

Click here

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

ExhilantDate: Thursday, 07.11.2013, 04:16 | Message # 10
Observer
United States
My Submission: Click Here

HarbingerDawnDate: Thursday, 07.11.2013, 05:16 | Message # 11
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote Exhilant ()
My Submission

I like it smile

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Dipi11Date: Tuesday, 21.01.2014, 05:16 | Message # 12
Observer
United States
I usually make dance music like house and stuff like that, but I got inspiration from the awesome music already in Space Engine.

So this is my first time making any atmospheric music like this.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen....ion.ogg

So yeah, if I'm too late it doesn't really matter, I just wanted some people to hear it. happy

ricmetalDate: Saturday, 03.05.2014, 03:05 | Message # 13
Observer
Portugal
hey!
just to let you know i added 3 tracks in the challenge group so they wont be marked as spam
under the name, jamendos_emp
http://soundcloud.com/groups/space-engine-soundtrack-challenge
thanks

Edited by ricmetal - Saturday, 03.05.2014, 03:11

NevokronDate: Sunday, 18.05.2014, 19:53 | Message # 14
Space Tourist
Austria
I composed this some time ago, and as I saw in the "context.cfg" file there is no music associated to 'Jupiter', I use this one:

https://soundcloud.com/nevokron/jupiter-symphony

I hope you like it!

Nev

WwadlolDate: Friday, 27.06.2014, 04:54 | Message # 15
Space Pilot
Norway
Can i post the link for my song here?

If so, here it is.
https://soundcloud.com/wwadlol/oxygen

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » You still have chance to get your own MUSIC in SE! (soundcloud, soundtrack and such things)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: