ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Spread the Word! (Help advertise Space Engine)
Spread the Word!
FastFourierTransformDate: Thursday, 01.01.2015, 15:39 | Message # 136
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Quote Frostbreath ()
I am one of them. biggrin I'm currently running a course to become teacher in a primary school and during the course, I have to run several interns in different schools. Every year, I teach children about the awesomeness of space (it's my hobby, after all) and I always take my laptop with SpaceEngine to show on the big digiboard screen. Every time, the kids were very excited and some of them wanted to have the software for themselves. So basically, I'm spreading the word on a smaller scale to a young audience (age 9-12).

That is trully awesome. We are working on something like that in our university at Madrid, to teach children about nature.

AerospacefagDate: Wednesday, 07.01.2015, 18:21 | Message # 137
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
Okay, Scott Manley finally got to his home, finished with KSP challenge and created a video about new version.

Let's dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I09REgIdDsM

kaue4arp10Date: Wednesday, 21.01.2015, 02:05 | Message # 138
Space Tourist
Brazil
Quote Aerospacefag ()

Let's dance.

Suddenly, happy Star wars 6 ending music kicks in.

Also, i love when he does those 30 minutes videos, they're nice to watch when you're alone with your cup of coffee...

spacerDate: Tuesday, 27.01.2015, 19:16 | Message # 139
Star Engineer
Israel
i dont know if to put it here but this is for you vladimir: smile happy he had also donated 50$ for you
http://www.reddit.com/r....my_life

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

Edited by spacer - Tuesday, 27.01.2015, 19:31

FastFourierTransformDate: Tuesday, 27.01.2015, 21:31 | Message # 140
Pioneer
Group: Local Moderators
Spain
Quote spacer ()
i dont know if to put it here but this is for you vladimir: smile happy he had also donated 50$ for you

cry cry cry cry
This is great!!!
That is what in some sense I explained in this forum once ago. This is trully a masterpiece. This can make the public feel the scientific revolution in them. This can make people say Yes, science saved my soul (and not doctrinal beliefs). I love to hear this story, thanks spacer smile

SpaceEngineerDate: Wednesday, 28.01.2015, 20:56 | Message # 141
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote spacer ()
i dont know if to put it here but this is for you vladimir: he had also donated 50$ for you

Wow this is incredible. I can't even imagine this is possible... It's good to know that a thing you are working on have a value in a real world...

PlutonianEmpireDate: Friday, 30.01.2015, 01:39 | Message # 142
Pioneer
United States
Link is broken, at least for me. Was this it? https://www.reddit.com/r....my_life

Very good read, I found. I have psych issues myself and reading it really made my day. smile

And I have been telling my father, who also has an interest in astronomy, about Space Engine. He has yet to check SE out himself, due to time constraints from running his own business, but he knows. I have liked the page on Facebook, but how do I show it to everyone else, if I may ask?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Friday, 30.01.2015, 01:39

Try4CeDate: Thursday, 12.02.2015, 16:31 | Message # 143
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
Wow this is incredible. I can't even imagine this is possible... It's good to know that a thing you are working on have a value in a real world...

First of, sorry about my english, since my mother language is german, so bare with me wink

Actually it can matter to quite a few alot.
I just discovered Space Engine for me like 3 days ago. My brother mentioned this awesome piece of art to me a while ago, but at that time I was very busy with life and wasn't really paing much attention, to be honest.

I am a long time gamer, I played video games since commodore times, and still play games. Back in the days, games like Wing Commander touched my soul in terms of simulating life outside of mother earth - I was fascinated. I followed the space opera genre constantly and almost never missed a game in that sector, until that genre came to sudden stop and became unpopular.

Videogames started to bore me more and more, with a few exceptions which I still like to play. But videogames started following a trend in terms of game design a while back I wasnt quite sure I would still like in a few years. And I got sad more often the last 2-3 years.

I then started playing Elite Dangerous in early beta stages and was psyched. Its not very feature rich or provides lots of quest content, equip and all that stuff, but if I focus on exploring the galaxy its loads of fun and impressed me. I still play it and I love it. I was sure it couldn't get any better in simulating space.

And then I remembered the name "Space Engine" and started looking up videos on YT and screenshots.

After I downloaded this awesome piece of work and spent my first 3-4 hours in virtual space, I was hooked, amazed. The last 3 days were extremely exciting for me, just flying through space, visiting beautiful scenery (planetary / space) and looking at all the data packed into this application.

I started spreading this program over my facebook wall right away and found out that quite a few of my friends there were suddenly very interested in Space Engine.

I am a web developer at a german gaming website with more than over 100k visits every month and shared SE with my buddies there to test it out, telling them it might be very worthy writing an article (impression) about SE, even if its not a videogame (yet), but can surely be considered as a milestone of virtual space simluation for future games in this department.

I really hope the word gets spread. I am not an author, but can write pretty good. If the authors of our website cant write an article, I would volunteer.

SE, for ME, gave me great joy over the last few days, much more than quite a few modern games were able to do. And I am usually pretty picky when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Plus, with SE, I can finally make awesome space wallpapers for my phone and desktop all by myself, with great variability biggrin

pzampellaDate: Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 01:30 | Message # 144
Space Pilot
Venezuela
Hi! I got an article about SE published and I thought you guys might like to take a look at it. It's in Spanish, however, somebody put in the comments a Google translated version of it. Any comments, recommendations, sharing and ratings are extremely appreciated, since each one pays me a little bit biggrin

Edited by pzampella - Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 01:30

LookAtDatDakkaDate: Tuesday, 15.12.2015, 03:02 | Message # 145
Explorer
United States
This article was released today at the time it was posted. Great article, but I have to machine translate the text to make it readable. Also, the article forgets to put the development version (0.9.7.4).

NVIDIA 960 GTX 2048MB

spacerDate: Wednesday, 20.01.2016, 22:50 | Message # 146
Star Engineer
Israel
just saw this post of someone that made it into the front page of imgur
http://imgur.com/gallery/2rDTQ

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

MosfetDate: Thursday, 21.01.2016, 18:19 | Message # 147
World Builder
Italy
Prepare for the boarding party smile

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

OMGspace_engineDate: Saturday, 23.01.2016, 22:27 | Message # 148
Observer
Brazil
[I don't know if this is the correct thread] I saw in the Steam Greenlight that SE will be finally available in the 0.974 launch, I think it can cost an symbolical value of 2 dollars or something like that, if 1000 persons buy it for 2 dollars, it will be a great incentive for the development, I would buy certainly, whatever, keep the amazing work...

midtskogenDate: Wednesday, 27.01.2016, 19:58 | Message # 149
Star Engineer
Norway
Space Engine made headlines in Norway's biggest online newspaper today. A Russian genius has made a computer simulation of the entire universe.

NIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

VeroxDate: Thursday, 18.02.2016, 02:54 | Message # 150
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
Quote midtskogen ()
A Russian genius

That's some high praise there

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Spread the Word! (Help advertise Space Engine)
Search: