ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Spread the Word! (Help advertise Space Engine)
Spread the Word!
HarbingerDawnDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 18:01 | Message # 16
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
I'm glad that someone around here reads the rules tongue You didn't do anything wrong, don't worry. And that's definitely a good idea, we should be sharing this with others that would be interested, especially whatever is left of the Celestia community, a lot of them would probably love SpaceEngine if they took a little time to get used to it (it was hard when I first used SE because I was so used to Celestia).

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

Antza2Date: Monday, 27.08.2012, 18:12 | Message # 17
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
Finland
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
I'm glad that someone around here reads the rules You didn't do anything wrong, don't worry. And that's definitely a good idea, we should be sharing this with others that would be interested, especially whatever is left of the Celestia community, a lot of them would probably love SpaceEngine if they took a little time to get used to it (it was hard when I first used SE because I was so used to Celestia).

I have never used Celestia but someone really should mention Space Engine on their forums.

I had this great idea for advertising in EVE Online a while ago. If some of you guys play EVE then we should join together in a corporation and start a big ad-campaign. In EVE you can drop special containers, that stay anchored to a specific place indefinitely. Gather enough guys and lots of containers and start dropping them on major trading routes. The ad itself can be written as the containers name, which then turns up on other users scanner.

What do you think? smile

Go to antza2.deviantart.com for cool photos!

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 27.08.2012, 20:34 | Message # 18
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote (Antza2)
I had this great idea for advertising in EVE Online a while ago. If some of you guys play EVE then we should join together in a corporation and start a big ad-campaign. In EVE you can drop special containers, that stay anchored to a specific place indefinitely. Gather enough guys and lots of containers and start dropping them on major trading routes. The ad itself can be written as the containers name, which then turns up on other users scanner.

It looks like spam. Maybe just create a thread on their forum?

Antza2Date: Monday, 27.08.2012, 22:25 | Message # 19
World Builder
Finland
Quote (SpaceEngineer)
It looks like spam. Maybe just create a thread on their forum?

Ah! I totally forgot about their forum! I'll totally make a thread there.
And you're maybe right about container advertising looking like spam. It's just that so many people use it so it just popped into my head.

Edit: It seems that the forums require an active subscription, which i don't currently have. sad

Edit 2: Even if we don't use container advertising, Space Engine community corporation would still be nice. At least i'd have someone to play EVE with. tongue
Assuming any of you guys play it of course.

Edited by Antza2 - Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 10:09

Antza2Date: Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 15:14 | Message # 20
World Builder
Finland
Anyone interested?

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 20:28 | Message # 21
Cosmic Curator
United States
I can't help since I don't play EVE, and I don't know anyone else who does, sorry sad

My SE mods and addons

Antza2Date: Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 20:32 | Message # 22
World Builder
Finland
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
I can't help since I don't play EVE, and I don't know anyone else who does, sorry

Well that sucks. sad
Right now only one of my friends plays EVE and that makes the game EXTREMELY frustrating.
Getting somewhere in that game requires more people.
If you are interested, i can send you a free 21-day trial code.

HarbingerDawnDate: Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 20:38 | Message # 23
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Antza2)
If you are interested, i can send you a free 21-day trial code.

I've already had another friend try to drag me into it recently (he doesn't play, he was just using a trial or something). It's just not something I'm interesting in doing right now. I don't know, I'll think about it...

My SE mods and addons

Antza2Date: Tuesday, 28.08.2012, 20:42 | Message # 24
World Builder
Finland
Quote (HarbingerDawn)
I've already had another friend try to drag me into it recently (he doesn't play, he was just using a trial or something). It's just not something I'm interesting in doing right now. I don't know, I'll think about it...

Ok.
If you decide to join, me and my friend can help you get started. cool

Anyway, I'm renewing my EVE subscription tomorrow and i'll make a Space Engine thread on their forum in the process.

Antza2Date: Sunday, 09.09.2012, 20:35 | Message # 25
World Builder
Finland
Quote (Animus)
I think a really good idea would be to try and get Neil DeGrasse Tyson to have a look at SE.

I sent Mr. Tyson an e-mail at:http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/contact
I'm not too hopeful that he will see it himself, but it's at least worth the try.

HarbingerDawnDate: Sunday, 09.09.2012, 21:47 | Message # 26
Cosmic Curator
United States
Quote (Antza2)
I sent Mr. Tyson an e-mail

Good idea.

I think that we should write a letter as well. If everyone posts their ideas about what should be mentioned in the letter to Dr. Tyson, I'll write it and mail it to him.

Thanks

My SE mods and addons

SolarisDate: Monday, 10.09.2012, 04:46 | Message # 27
World Builder
France
Beside the "dream come true" feeling that SE provide to any spacelover, off course the Unique and enormous Educational potential has to be mentioned and the soon coming of a integrated wiki-like. Pointing that the purpose of SE is to be the closest as reality as possible and it will surely evolve with the sciences discoveries. Maybe few words about Space Engineer's profession could be good to say.
I can't think of other stuff to say right now beside the whole list of Capabilities of the main page, maybe a word or two about SE future ( the TODO list will do the job smile )

SpaceEngineerDate: Monday, 10.09.2012, 09:25 | Message # 28
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
In Russia, I gave several interviews for some game/programming magazines and sites, and SE has had several independent video surveys.

Antza2Date: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 19:37 | Message # 29
World Builder
Finland
Quote (curiousepic)
I suggest submitting the game to http://www.indiedb.com/

I agree with this. SE could get attention there pretty quick.

TalynDate: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 19:47 | Message # 30
Explorer
Group: Users
Portugal
There is also this Cable Channel dedicated to videogames caled ginx

I'm sure they would be very happy to make a review of SE smile

PC: Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.00 GHz & 4GB DDR3 @ 1333 - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640 MB VRAM
Laptop: Intel Core2Duo T9400 @ 2.53 GHz & 4 GB DDR @ 1066 - NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » Spread the Word! (Help advertise Space Engine)
Search: