ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Scripted journeys? (Is it possible to script guided tours?)
Scripted journeys?
salgawashDate: Thursday, 20.10.2016, 19:27 | Message # 16
Observer
Group: Newbies
Norway
Hello guys!

We have a newbie question. We are making a surprise party for a friend who turns 42. Naturally, the party will have a Hitchhiker's theme, and we are building Milliways in the venue (my apartment). For this we have two huge TV screens in opposite sides of the apartment. We want to make these appear to be the front and rear window in a moving spaceship.

Then, we found this magnificent software, and we hope it can do the trick for us.

We are looking for a beautiful journey like the ones we see in this thread. Not a video as such, but something we can actually run as a game. If we can run this scenario/journey on two computers, we might be in business. If one computer on one screen is "travelling forward" and the other "travelling backwards" we hope to make it appear as if the whole apartment is moving through space. Imagine if you turn around and "look out into space" on the screen behind you.

The question is: Is this possible? Can you "run" a "journey" as a "scenario" in the game? Can you turn around and travel backwards? Can two computers run the same scenario and "travel" at a given speed, and will they behave similarly if one turns around?

With high hopes,

Egil and Ståle from Norway. (remember Slartibartfast?)

MosfetDate: Thursday, 20.10.2016, 23:25 | Message # 17
World Builder
Group: Users
Italy
You surely know where your towel is.
In SE docs/ folder there is a scripts.txt file, which is a list of console/script commands. I suppose that a script forward.sc containing something like:

Code
SetSpeed X
Goto Viltvodle VI
Goto Sirius B
Goto Betelgeuze 4

etcetera, and a similar backward.sc script, identical if not for a first line with:

Code
Track Earth
Track Viltvodle VI
Goto Sirius B
Track Sirus B
Goto ...

could do something similar to what you want to achieve.
The Track command should point back the camera to the last visited planet, while going to the next.
I should try it myself...
Edit:
well, I thought it was easy, but it's not...

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Friday, 21.10.2016, 00:01

salgawashDate: Sunday, 23.10.2016, 09:04 | Message # 18
Observer
Group: Newbies
Norway
Cool!

Can someone give us a hand with this? The best would ACTUALLY be to create two videos, one travelling backwards, and the other travellling forwards. We can send strange norwegian beer. :-)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Scripted journeys? (Is it possible to script guided tours?)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: