ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Blinking Planets before Crash (Pre-crash of SE symptoms)
Blinking Planets before Crash
khaos526Date: Wednesday, 14.09.2016, 19:45 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Users
United States
So I got a new computer (i7 quad, 16gig GTX 1070, SSD, etc) so SE now runs amazingly well with great graphics compared to what I was using before.

I have noticed now that I'm starting to get an issue usually around 20 mins or so in where the planets in the Systems map (either current or selected) some will start flashing black. When this happens, about 40 seconds later, SE always crashes.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this as I didn't find anything yet in the search...

Thanks

Donatelo200Date: Wednesday, 14.09.2016, 20:43 | Message # 2
Explorer
United States
I have experienced it in pretty much every version regardless of computer specs. It's actually kinda nice because it's like well probably should close now before I lose where I am.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Wednesday, 14.09.2016, 21:04 | Message # 3
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Used to be far more frequent than it is now but it happens on my end as well. Usually happens after visiting a lot of systems and slowly gets worse, once the program starts to stutter then I know it will crash soon.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

khaos526Date: Thursday, 15.09.2016, 13:04 | Message # 4
Observer
United States
Ok good to know it's not my old system. And yes the good point it is it does save my exploration notes and such even if I may not end up back in the area I was in before the crash, so at least I'm easily able to get back there through my notes.

Strange I never had this on my older computer as I was quickly exploring system to system a lot faster. Now I'm spending a long time on each planet just because of the immense detail I now get. So maybe it's the rendering of that which is causing the glitch to happen. Might try and tweak a few things and see if I can get it to stop...

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Blinking Planets before Crash (Pre-crash of SE symptoms)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: