ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
SpaceEngineerDate: Saturday, 30.07.2016, 13:34 | Message # 1
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Please post here all of your reports about bugs or crashes in SpaceEngine. Before you post any bugs, please follow these steps:

• First of all, make sure you updated your video card drivers. This may solve 99% of all issues.
  • Read the Fixing common issues section below. It is possible that your problem can be solved there.
  • Read the List of known issues section below and make sure that your bugs are not on in it. You can use your browser's word finder to help search the list.
  • If the bug is not on the list then please post it in this thread. Attach to your message a screenshot (if possible) and a log file (it's called the se.log and is located in the SpaceEngine/system/ directory). Only the log file will help us to understand your problem and find a solution!

Fixing graphics card-specific issues

If you do not know which graphics card (chip) do you have, open the system/se.log file in the text editor and read the Vendor information in the beginning:

INITIALIZING OPENGL
    [MT] Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Then look for a solution for you:

Nvidia: Major lag spikes

Intel HD: Glitchy landscape and textures on planets

Intel HD: Red clouds on Earth

Intel HD: Black screen

Fixing common issues

1) Obsolete or incompatible drivers

2) Weak system

3) System with hybrid graphics (NVidia/ATI + Intel HD)

4) Artifacts on procedural planets

5) Frequent crashing while generating planetary surface

6) Blurry textures on Solar system planets

7) Problems with very high resolution displays

List of known issues

Green items have been fixed for the next release

Not real bugs, but effects caused by limitations in the engine:

Real bugs:

•  
    JonahrfDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 08:33 | Message # 16
    Space Tourist
    Group: Users
    United States
    The screen went black when I went to a planet and I cant get rid of the black screen

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 09:19 | Message # 17
    Author of Space Engine
    Group: Administrators
    Russian Federation
    Quote kham132 ()
    Are these related to this bug?

Your Intel GPU is very old and weak. Try to upgrade, it solves all problems.
    Also, according to log, there are multiple errors in scripts of addons you are using. You may fix them using info provided in log.

Quote stargazer4796 ()
    I noticed the coordinate grid is upside down - Polaris from Earth now appears at about -90 rather than 90. Is this a bug, or is there a reason for the change?

Oops, indeed. Fixed.

Quote Mosfet ()
    It seems like the Italian interface translation used in 0980 is an older one, because I see syntax errors which were corrected in 0974 RC3.

Really? Where is the most updated version?

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 11:47 | Message # 18
    Star Engineer
    Group: Local Moderators
    Germany
    Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    Quote stargazer4796 ()
    I noticed the coordinate grid is upside down - Polaris from Earth now appears at about -90 rather than 90. Is this a bug, or is there a reason for the change?

Oops, indeed. Fixed.

Could this possibly also have to do with the reversal of the direction of the precession, of which I have posted here? http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/21-3022-69232-16-1469710325

Don't forget to look here.

MosfetDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 13:01 | Message # 19
    World Builder
    Italy
    Quote SpaceEngineer ()
    Really? Where is the most updated version?

I reinstalled RC3 and it seems to me it was good, obviously except the missing terms, I'll ask Salvo.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Douglas N. Adams
    My mods
    Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

masterchief117kdDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 13:41 | Message # 20
    Astronaut
    Canada
    i tried to download space engine 0.9.8.0 and something went wrong

Attachments: 7998596.png (387.7 Kb)

MosfetDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 13:46 | Message # 21
    World Builder
    Italy
    masterchief117kd,
    I suggest you to re-download the file, you may try another source as well

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

Ed1956Date: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 15:55 | Message # 22
    Observer
    Group: Newbies
    Philippines
    Attached are screenshots while I was descending at Titan while looking at the Sun.

After reaching a certain elevation, the Sun disappears.

Is this what
    - Auto-exposure does not react when a sun is blocked while diffraction spikes are set to normal or super
    means? Auto exposure is simple and diffraction spikes at normal.

Attachments: 6794162.jpg (107.0 Kb) · 2097242.jpg (104.6 Kb) · 0261840.jpg (85.0 Kb)

IdgeliosDate: Sunday, 31.07.2016, 23:44 | Message # 23
    Astronaut
    United States
    Planemos don't seem to generate any closer than 10 light years regardless of assigned universe config settings. I set them mindist of remnants, stars and brown dwarves all to 0 yet they still generate only light years away. This is probably an oversight more than a bug since planemo generation near the sun from RC3 didn't have any dangerous effects (none spanned too close to be a true planemo).

AstrocluDate: Monday, 01.08.2016, 00:05 | Message # 24
    Observer
    Mexico
    Hi,
    I just installed SE0.980 on my laptop HP with AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics and 6GB RAM (1GB is used by the graphics card).
    and any text is completely black (menu, info, etc. )

Edit :
    Problem solved using the follwing tip given for intel HD (even if my graphics card is AMD Radeon R5).
    Disable comet tails. Go to the main menu, then Settings -> View, and uncheck "comet tails". If you even don't see the main menu, close SE, delete the file config/main-user.cfg, and try again.

Attachments: 7405329.jpg (21.9 Kb) · 6502099.jpg (34.8 Kb)

Edited by Astroclu - Sunday, 11.09.2016, 02:03

IdgeliosDate: Monday, 01.08.2016, 00:50 | Message # 25
    Astronaut
    United States
    Never mind. It seems I had to edit user instead of def.

Taciturn_ArtistDate: Monday, 01.08.2016, 03:28 | Message # 26
    Observer
    United States
    First off i would like to give kudos to SpaceEngineer, as you did a wonderful job on this new update as the game runs much faster for me than it used to and the visuals are outstanding.

But I've seen one minor bug. Randomly the atmosphere's on planets randomly disappear from view. The pictures are attached below.
    The atmosphere is enabled for both.
    If i spot anymore bugs, i will post about them so we can make this game even better smile

Attachments: 3669939.jpg (65.7 Kb) · 1074758.jpg (62.1 Kb)

Edited by Taciturn_Artist - Monday, 01.08.2016, 03:41

Spitfire7Date: Monday, 01.08.2016, 20:18 | Message # 27
    Astronaut
    United States
    Tried it out and so far everything is amazing. Great work, you are super talented and I can't even begin to imagine how to do what you do.

Little issue here. The terrain on most planets for me is now transparent and we can see the horizon through mountains and surface textures. See pics. Never had any glitches or issues before. I have a very powerful computer.

I think its something having to do with the atmosphere maybe. If I am on the ground or on the mountain it is solid and opaque, but as soon as I start flying into the air I can begin to see the horizon of the planet through the terrain. Please help since this really ruins any visual aspect of exploring new worlds. Thanks.

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 02.08.2016, 05:39 | Message # 28
    Pioneer
    United States
    I've noticed a new glitch which is that despite having both venusFreq and venusMagn set to 0 on both procedural amd custom planets, there are a lot of worlds that defy the settings and have the venus formations anyway, like here:

When loading the planet in the editor, it will show that despite having venusFreq and venusMagn set to zero in the catalog file, the game overrides venusFreq and sets it to its own procedural number. And despite having venus magn set to 0, they will still show up and muck up the shorelines pretty badly.

Later Edit:

Also, I decided to try to organize my addons in the following manner:

However, the planet I was following then disappeared, since the game wouldn't acknowledge the new folders. Is this a bug or intentional?

Attachments: 1308434.jpg (103.4 Kb) · 1760121.jpg (162.8 Kb) · tmp_26825-se348.log (69.3 Kb) · 1727934.png (2.02 Mb) · tmp_30311-se-14.log (64.3 Kb)

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 02.08.2016, 06:23

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 02.08.2016, 10:35 | Message # 29
    World Builder
    Italy
    Quote PlutonianEmpire ()
    the game wouldn't acknowledge the new folders

try by moving the "ls" folder under "addons", then place relative "planets" and "stars" folders under "ls", it should work.

Douglas N. Adams
    My mods

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 02.08.2016, 17:37 | Message # 30
    Pioneer
    United States
    Indeed it does! Thank you! smile

Another bug I have noticed is that during circumbinary stellar transits (one star in front of the other), when viewing it from a planet, the planet goes completely dark, instead of just receiving the light from the foreground star. Is anyone else seeing this?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Troubleshooting and bug reports - SpaceEngine 0.9.8.0
    Search: