ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Missing stars in Star Browser
Missing stars in Star Browser
CykaxDate: Friday, 22.11.2013, 18:15 | Message # 1
Observer
Group: Newbies
France
Hello,

I have a small problem with my Star Browser. It doesn't display from Sol stars that have a "first name" in the game files that contains a greek letter. So Epsilon Eridani (3.2pc) or Tau Ceti (3.6 pc) aren't shown. I saw the same thing in an unrelated screenshot of the star browser on the forum.
If I move to Tau Ceti, it displays a few, but not all of them. And it also always displays Alpha Centauri, which has "Toliman" listed as its first name before AC or any other.
I tried changing the stars' names from, for example, TAU or ALF, which display as a greek letters in game to Tau or Alpha, but it didn't change anything to the star browser.

Is there anything to do to fix this?

Attachments: 0063553.jpg (288.7 Kb)

AlessiaCristalloooDate: Friday, 22.11.2013, 19:01 | Message # 2
Astronaut
Group: Users
Italy
it happens to me tooo! i dont know how to fix it cry

Ettore_bilboDate: Wednesday, 04.12.2013, 15:03 | Message # 3
Space Pilot
Italy
yes, me too...

snowballpudiDate: Wednesday, 18.06.2014, 20:35 | Message # 4
Space Tourist
United States
You have to change the star names in the wiki menu, then save. I changed talliman to alpha centauri A

morganxDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 13:33 | Message # 5
Observer
Group: Newbies
United States
I have a problem where I will do a search for close by stars in the star browser, find something interesting... close the window and then open the search for a star by typing the name (so i can select it as a target for flying a ship at warp) and it doesn't find the same star? what am i missing here? Im not selecting RS stars at all. it seems like the search for a star by typing its name doesn't always return the same results as if i use the star browser ? is this just and issue of not finding procedural systems ?

MosfetDate: Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 15:21 | Message # 6
World Builder
Italy
I can't replicate the issue, could you please be more specific with an example of star that's having this problem? Not an RS star, it's a catalog star then?

Let's say you start your search from Earth.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Tuesday, 04.10.2016, 15:26

Forum » SpaceEngine » Troubleshooting and Solutions » Missing stars in Star Browser
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: