ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » What is your personality type? (Myers-Briggs Personality type)
What is your personality type?
What is your 4 Letter personality type?
1. Go to straw pole in message because the answer limit is too low. [ 2 ] [66.67%]
2. To find your personality, also refer to my first comment. [ 1 ] [33.33%]
Answers total: 3
KexittDate: Sunday, 11.09.2016, 17:28 | Message # 16
Pioneer
Group: Users
Russian Federation
ISTP. What does it mean?

http://kexitt.deviantart.com/

CanleskisDate: Sunday, 11.09.2016, 17:52 | Message # 17
Space Pilot
France
I don't see personnalities tests as revelant things but imo this is an interesting thing to do and can help you understand who you are beyond what life usually shows you (I mean in reality you don't always think of what you've done or what happened after a basic evenement in your life like a meeting or after talking to friends). I got ENFJ-A and I'm not convinced at all (it says "With vision and determination, nothing is impossible" something I don't believe at all but whatever), but I realised some things about me with this test and how I act with people and myself (idk if this is clear enough but I don't really know how to describe it).
I also totally agree with DoctorOfSpace's thinking of this and I would add that the Barnum effect is also very strong when doing these kinds of tests, which basically make them not really revelants.

WatsisnameDate: Sunday, 11.09.2016, 21:12 | Message # 18
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
If the 16 personality types had an equal probability distribution then they would each make up 6.25% of the population. The results do not make an equal distribution, though. For a person to identify as INFJ occurs about 3 times less frequently than from expectation by equal distribution. And ISTJ occurs about 2 times more often. Which isn't a lot.

Sometimes people get bogged down on those slight percentage differences and 'specialness', but that's really not the point of the test. It is not even a measure of what you 'really are'. It does not peer through your armor to see what makes you tick inside. All Myers-Briggs does is measure how you respond to questions about how you identify yourself in terms of these four dichotomies. Many people easily identify themselves are being more strongly introverted or extroverted, for example.

It's also important to remember that these aren't hard results. They have somewhat low precision and reproducibility. And being on one side of a scale doesn't mean you don't have aspects of the other. We have all of them to varying degree in varying situations. The test results may have some correlations to people's lifestyles, but it's not deterministic or rigid (go away, sorting hat). smile

Donatelo200Date: Monday, 12.09.2016, 00:18 | Message # 19
Explorer
United States
INTP.... I get that every time I take these silly tests so, I guess it's somewhat accurate.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Monday, 12.09.2016, 00:59 | Message # 20
Galaxy Architect
Pirate
Quote Watsisname ()
They have somewhat low precision and reproducibility.

Sadly this seems to be the case with most things in fields like psychology. During many meetings and application processes I've learned it is best not to mention a background in psychology, many people scoff at the notion or call it a wasted degree.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

HornblowerDate: Monday, 12.09.2016, 01:02 | Message # 21
World Builder
United States
Quote JackDole ()
But the test put me in a group with Albert Einstein. (INTP).

Same here! and it's not just Einstein, it's Lincoln, and Darwin too (and probably Nikola Tesla)

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 12.09.2016, 01:55 | Message # 22
Galaxy Architect
United States
Quote Donatelo200 ()
INTP.... I get that every time I take these silly tests so, I guess it's somewhat accurate.

Same here, but it's not accuracy of the test, it's consistency in how you identify yourself throughout the questions. (I don't mean to nitpick, but accuracy and precision mean different things and in this case the difference is important. Accuracy means you strike close to the true value, precision means you have little variation in where you strike.) We don't really know what the 'true' value is by this method.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Off-topic Discussions » What is your personality type? (Myers-Briggs Personality type)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: