[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Buildings or Cities
Buildings or Cities
BlackArkDate: Sunday, 08.07.2012, 19:09 | Message # 1
Space Pilot
Group: Users
United States
is there anybody who can make building for SE?

Edited by BlackArk - Sunday, 08.07.2012, 19:10

Hasforjs97Date: Monday, 09.07.2012, 00:26 | Message # 2
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Spain
Well, I'm good at HL1 mapping, but I used to do it many time ago (when I was 11 or so), I suppose I could make some kind of cities or something, but I have to read again the replies to my post because it's hard for me to use HL1 maps for SE (they use the same format, what it's very good for me -thanks engineer for using this format-) but anyway I have to do some tests before knowing exactly how to make buildings or cities wacko .
And I don't exactly know how they are implemented in the game. Probably tomorrow I'm going to have a look at it because I haven't had time until now, and now it's too late (It's 1:30 AM here)...

PD: Designing buildings to put them inside SE would be really awesome, so I hope I can do it, I will see happy

My desktop:
Pentium G3260 @ 3.30GHz
8.0 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB

Edited by Hasforjs97 - Monday, 09.07.2012, 00:27

KvikiDate: Monday, 09.07.2012, 00:35 | Message # 3
Explorer
Group: SE team
Croatia
I doubt buildings are even implemented yet. how are they going to stick on a planet? wouldn't they fly away/sink into the planet due to gravity? good luck though :P

Hasforjs97Date: Monday, 09.07.2012, 09:58 | Message # 4
Space Pilot
Group: Translators
Spain
Quote (Kviki)
I doubt buildings are even implemented yet. how are they going to stick on a planet? wouldn't they fly away/sink into the planet due to gravity?

Well. I don't know how buildings work, I was going to start looking at it now, but I know you can make them as a .map format (like HL1 or Quake 2-3 maps). The matter is, I seem to remember, that they aren't even implemented as objects inside the game, but as separate maps, because they are in test phase just as ships, and they are to encourage mappers to make new buildings or something like that, and I suppose in the future (maybe 0.97) Engineer will make some kind of thread where we can upload the buildings in order for him to put them in the game. But now I'm just starting to remember how did I make the HL1 maps...

My desktop:
Pentium G3260 @ 3.30GHz
8.0 GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Buildings or Cities
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: