Group: Users
Russian Federation
The 0.974 RC2 is fine.
Addon updated, link on the first page.

dudefinalDate: Saturday, 09.04.2016, 21:16 | Message # 32
Space Tourist
United States
Hey klud when I install your tg_common.glsl it makes my planets shores look really weird.

Here it is with my modified old rodrigo-klud tg_common.glsl file which I have slightly modified. I also use this along custom tg_terra_color.glsl and tg_terra_heght.glsl files based on the rodrigo-klud files.

I will put all the files attached for your to troubleshoot. Also without my custom tg_terra_color.glsl and tg_terra_heght.glsl files and with your files only the problem isn't there but the the terrain doesn't look how I would want it to.

I'll probably remake some custom shader files. Is there anyway I or you can get the squiggly terrain effect to effect the mountains only because that looks good. I'll update when I make another custom shaders files.

Edit: Okay I tried editing the tg_common.glsl file. It didn't work (of course) but I think I got the right idea. I am a noob when it comes to coding. And yes this is the area that is causing the problem.

I'll keep on trying. Maybe this code actually belongs in tg_terra_height.glsl.

Edit Edit: What I want is as follows...

If the surface climate of the planet is greater than (0.60) or (0.75) or something like that then make the bottom part of the crater code like this...

If the surface climate is lower than the aforementioned number (e.g an "else if" or "else" command) then make the bottom part of the crater code like this...

This will keep the shores of my planet normal while acquiring the desired effect I want from my mountains and hills. One might use part of the hills or mountain code to achieve this...

Or maybe one could use the code from the "//Dunes Can Only Be Sand" code in tg_terra_color.glsl but instead of sand it could be upper elevation areas with snow...

I, however, have no idea how to do this successfully. Maybe I could get some help?

Attachments: HyphaePlanets.sc (57.3 Kb) · HyphaeStar.sc (1.7 Kb) · tg_common-Custo.glsl (84.2 Kb) · tg_terra_color-.glsl (5.4 Kb) · 1274768.glsl (9.1 Kb)

"Its impossible" - CASE "No, It's necessary" - Cooper

Piece of crap Toshiba AIO...

Edited by dudefinal - Sunday, 10.04.2016, 04:48

KludDate: Sunday, 10.04.2016, 20:39 | Message # 33
Astronaut
Russian Federation
Thank you for the interesting information. I tried to change the planet settings by editor:

There are some similarities.

tg_common.glsl file changes are made, only to make a more correct form of craters.

Quote dudefinal ()
I, however, have no idea how to do this successfully. Maybe I could get some help?

I'll try to help, if possible, is not clear.

Attachments: 0245034.jpg (119.5 Kb)

dudefinalDate: Monday, 11.04.2016, 18:14 | Message # 34
Space Tourist
United States
YAASSSS! I did it! Well kinda... I'm still not sure if I did it right as I just tweaked the code until it did what I wanted it to with no idea what I was actually doing or what effect it was going to have.

I added in two bits of code into tg_terra_height.glsl...

and...

and here is the result...

The first bit of code was to retract the hills from the shores a little. The hills still look too close to the shore so if anyone knows how to extend the shore out or apply a larger noise to the hills making more smaller patches and less huge patches of snow then tell me.

I tried adding a second noise to the hills but it had no effect...

Attachments: tg_common.glsl (88.3 Kb) · tg_terra_color.glsl (5.6 Kb) · 2997575.glsl (8.2 Kb)

"Its impossible" - CASE "No, It's necessary" - Cooper

Piece of crap Toshiba AIO...

Edited by dudefinal - Monday, 11.04.2016, 18:19

KludDate: Tuesday, 12.04.2016, 08:11 | Message # 35
Astronaut
Russian Federation
Ok, well.
For different noising craters can do so:
Code
    // Craters
    float crater = 0.0;
    if (craterSqrtDensity > 0.05)
    {
        heightFloor = -0.1;
        heightPeak  =  0.6;
        heightRim   =  1.0;
        crater = CraterNoise(point, 0.5 * craterMagn, craterFreq, craterSqrtDensity, craterOctaves);
        noiseOctaves    = 10.0;
        noiseLacunarity = 2.0;
        //crater = 0.25 * crater + 0.05 * crater * iqTurbulence(point * montesFreq + Randomize, 0.55);

if (climate > 0.6)
        {
         crater = 0.25 * crater + 0.05 * crater * iqTurbulence(point * montesFreq + Randomize, 0.55);  
        }
        else
        {
         crater = 0.25 * crater + 0.05 * crater * RidgedMultifractalErodedDetail(point * montesFreq * inv2montesSpiky + Randomize, 2.0, erosion, montBiomeScale);  
        }
    }

But it is for all of the crater, not only for the bottom and the border appears at the junction of various noises.

Attachments: 0484005.jpg (351.0 Kb)

PlutonianEmpireDate: Monday, 02.05.2016, 23:06 | Message # 36
Pioneer
United States
Would it be possible to make the mountains higher/taller? Right now as this mod currently stands, montesMagn 0.25 with Klud Mountains seems to be kinda the same height as montesMagn 0.15 without Klud Mountains, at least on the procedural worlds I have found.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Monday, 02.05.2016, 23:11

PlutonianEmpireDate: Tuesday, 17.05.2016, 02:47 | Message # 37
Pioneer
United States
Edit: Nvm, it turns out I was looking at the wrong landforms while tweaking the tg_terra_height shader. wacko

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Tuesday, 17.05.2016, 04:07

SalvoDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2016, 14:03 | Message # 38
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
I wonder why everyone forgot about this mod. happy

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

KludDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2016, 22:07 | Message # 39
Astronaut
Russian Federation
Perhaps this mod more or less normally worked, the questions do not arise, but, of course, the mountains still require work.

Edited by Klud - Wednesday, 08.06.2016, 22:07

RoswellDate: Sunday, 12.06.2016, 03:37 | Message # 40
Pioneer
Canada
WWOWOWOWOWOWOWO CRAZY IT'S REALISTIC MOUNTAIN o_O

PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 12.06.2016, 04:43 | Message # 41
Pioneer
United States
Actually, a few weeks ago, I was tweaking the Rod-klud-mar version of this mod, to make both the new klud mountains appear alongside the old default mountains, because I think both mountain styles look pretty. I still need to figure out how to add terraces to the old montes, since they now occupy the "hills" slot, with the old "hills" now occupying the "hills2" slot instead.

I haven't made much time since because I've been distracted by two of my other favorite games. :P

At the moment though, I don't know if I should post the new tg_terra_height fille to this thread, the Rodrigo thread, or make a new thread entirely for it.

Edited by PlutonianEmpire - Sunday, 12.06.2016, 04:44

TenebristhedarkenedDate: Tuesday, 16.08.2016, 18:23 | Message # 42
Space Tourist
United States
Does this work with the latest version of Space Engine?

dmaleDate: Sunday, 28.08.2016, 21:33 | Message # 43
Observer
Italy
I have this error (is in italian, sorry).

JackDoleDate: Sunday, 28.08.2016, 22:14 | Message # 44
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Quote dmale ()
I have this error (is in italian, sorry).

Do you use one of the modified sun shaders from DoctorOfSpace or me? They are not compatible with SE 0.980!

Don't forget to look here.

dmaleDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 14:43 | Message # 45
Observer
Italy
Quote JackDole ()
Do you use one of the modified sun shaders from DoctorOfSpace or me? They are not compatible with SE 0.980!

I had alredy installed only the Rodrigo's Terrain Mods, and extract the modification of the mountains (with rodrigo's addon) in the usual folder.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Modification of the mountains
Search: