ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » COMMUNITY ADDON - Exoplanets ... (Exoplanets, still not in the catalog, or modified by you.)
COMMUNITY ADDON - Exoplanets ...
PlutonianEmpireDate: Sunday, 28.08.2016, 23:35 | Message # 31
Pioneer
Group: Users
United States
Are fictional satellites allowed for the known exoplanets?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

steeljaw354Date: Sunday, 28.08.2016, 23:36 | Message # 32
World Builder
Pirate
Why can't real exoplanets be generated with procedural moons?

ShadowRaikouDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 02:39 | Message # 33
Astronaut
India
Quote steeljaw354 ()

I suppose so that the average user who isn't all that into space wouldn't think those moons also exist in real life?

JackDoleDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 11:45 | Message # 34
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Germany
Roswell,
Quote Roswell ()
There we go.

This script I did not mean.
I thought that you might have made your own script, with these clouds.

What Proxima b concerns:
Of course, the clouds do not look everywhere equally good or interesting.
And the appearance of clouds also depends on the lighting, so for example from the day time.

Quote steeljaw354 ()

SpaceEngine produces generally only procedural objects (stars, planets, moons) for 'Stars' or 'StarBarycenter' which have no catalog objects.

If you, for example, for Teegarden's Star also want that system, that was previously generated procedurally by SE, you need to export it and adapt as a custom system, such sinsforeal and DoctorOfSpace have done it for the Proxima system.

Quote PlutonianEmpire ()

I do not understand your question. Do you think that there is a law that prohibits this? biggrin wink

Attachments: 5854639.jpg (200.8 Kb) · 1902223.jpg (229.8 Kb) · 4371172.jpg (236.2 Kb)

Don't forget to look here.

MosfetDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 13:19 | Message # 35
World Builder
Italy
Quote JackDole ()
Quote PlutonianEmpire ()

I do not understand your question. Do you think that there is a law that prohibits this? biggrin wink

I think this is an example of what happens when in SE the boundary of the procedural imaginary world is suddenly reached and something fictional becomes existing "by catalog". We rely then on data we have, we make an educated guess about what we don't.
The amount of boldness (or wild imagination) we may apply in those cases could also have some written or non written rules, at the end I think it all lies on the sensibility and goals of people working at the program.
SpaceEngineer surely made similar choices by deciding what data makes sense to use and what not at a certain point of development.

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

Edited by Mosfet - Monday, 29.08.2016, 13:22

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 29.08.2016, 13:28 | Message # 36
World Builder
Pirate
I went ahead and combined Jackdole's and sinsforeal, DoctorOfSpace's addons while adding a few of my own objects as well. I stated that I edited the files.

Proxima H (Wouldn't be discovered until a later date due to it's small size)

Proxma G (A large Pluto like object orbiting far out from Proxima)

Attachments: ProximaEdited.pak (88.8 Kb) · 1361737.jpg (266.7 Kb) · 2644082.jpg (166.1 Kb) · 5212534.jpg (184.8 Kb)

JackDoleDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 14:38 | Message # 37
Star Engineer
Germany
Quote Mosfet ()
I think this is an example of what happens when in SE the boundary of the procedural imaginary world is suddenly reached and something fictional becomes existing "by catalog". We rely then on data we have, we make an educated guess about what we don't.
The amount of boldness (or wild imagination) we may apply in those cases could also have some written or non written rules, at the end I think it all lies on the sensibility and goals of people working at the program.
SpaceEngineer surely made similar choices by deciding what data makes sense to use and what not at a certain point of development.

My English has to be even worse than I thought. I have no idea what you mean.

Virtually everything we do with SpaceEngine, is fiction!.
Maybe 'Science Fiction'. fiction with a certain scientific basis.

If we add, for example, a newly discovered exoplanets to SpaceEngine, are from what we see then in SpaceEngine, 99% fiction (estimated).
Fiction that is generated by SpaceEngine. By procedural generation of what we do not know.

And although we do not know this, but almost all of these exoplanets we have discovered so far, will also have moons.

So there is nothing wrong, if there was a script command so that SpaceEngine could generate procedural moons for exoplanets.

And nothing speaks against it, that someone adds manually moons.
My opinion.

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 29.08.2016, 15:10 | Message # 38
World Builder
Pirate
Has a binary Exoplanet been discovered yet? Is there unconfirmed candidates?

FastFourierTransformDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 15:40 | Message # 39
Pioneer
Spain
Quote steeljaw354 ()
Has a binary Exoplanet been discovered yet?

What do you mean exactly? A planet that orbits a star in a binary system? A planet that orbits a binary star system as a whole (circumbinary)? Or two planets orbiting a common center of mass that is not inside any of both?

It you are talking about the latest, No. No double planet has been found (but Earth-Moon system and Pluto-Charon are candidates for binary planetary mass objects with some criterias).

You would like to read this article about binary terrestrial planets. So they are totally possible and SpaceEngine is filled with this. I have found many binary gas giants in the past.

But, as you can see here, there are 5 candidates for exomoons. One in particular has the closest mass ratio of the moon with respect to the planet to one, it is WASP-12, and its candidate exomoon can have 67 times less mass than the planet itself (in comparison, the Moon is 81 times less massive than Earth, so this is MAYBE the most double-planet-like thing we have observed yet).

Edited by FastFourierTransform - Monday, 29.08.2016, 15:52

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 29.08.2016, 15:57 | Message # 40
World Builder
Pirate
Wasp-12b? But that planet orbits so close to it's star it probably doesn't have any moons. If it has a moon it is SURPRISING, maybe add it to SE if possible? In fact before I installed the Teegarden's star addon there was a binary gas giant in it's system, I'm talking about binary catalog exoplanets if they exist (In real life, not SE)

Edited by steeljaw354 - Monday, 29.08.2016, 16:10

FastFourierTransformDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 16:46 | Message # 41
Pioneer
Spain
Quote steeljaw354 ()
I'm talking about binary catalog exoplanets if they exist (In real life, not SE)

Then there do not exist any catalogued or candidate ones.

Ans yes. I was also surprised by the Wasp-12b thing but is marked on the list of candidate exomoons in wikipedia ¿ wacko ?

Edited by FastFourierTransform - Monday, 29.08.2016, 16:47

PlutonianEmpireDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 17:39 | Message # 42
Pioneer
United States
Quote JackDole ()
And nothing speaks against it, that someone adds manually moons.
My opinion.

Good to know, thank you. smile

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

steeljaw354Date: Monday, 29.08.2016, 20:40 | Message # 43
World Builder
Pirate
Can someone make a script or something that makes procedural moons for catalog exoplanets?

RoswellDate: Monday, 29.08.2016, 21:24 | Message # 44
Pioneer
Canada
Quote JackDole ()

This script I did not mean.
I thought that you might have made your own script, with these clouds.

What Proxima b concerns:
Of course, the clouds do not look everywhere equally good or interesting.
And the appearance of clouds also depends on the lighting, so for example from the day time.

oh my god, I don't know I'm not pretty good for making those clouds. And for those code that reveal there are 3 cloud's layer O_O

JackDoleDate: Saturday, 24.09.2016, 13:28 | Message # 45
Star Engineer
Germany
OGLE-2007-BLG-349(AB )b
or
OGLE-2007-BLG-349(AB )c (arXiver)

(Wikipedia: The paper incorrectly refers to the planet as planet "c", however, this is probably just an error and should not be confused with the "B" star. Alternatively it can be used to differ from the secondary star.)

Exoplanet.eu

I have only a few data found.

This image is from SE 0.973 because my AMD graphics card is broken, and SE 0.973 is the last version that works reasonably with my integrated Intel card (Intel ® HD Graphics 3000)

Attachments: 6257908.jpg (205.3 Kb) · 7421738.jpg (245.8 Kb) · OGLE-2007-BLG-3.pak (1.6 Kb)

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » COMMUNITY ADDON - Exoplanets ... (Exoplanets, still not in the catalog, or modified by you.)
Search: