ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Kerbal Space Program solar system addon (All the KSP planets now in Space Engine 0.9.7.3! [v1.5])
Kerbal Space Program solar system addon
RockoRocksDate: Sunday, 27.04.2014, 17:43 | Message # 46
World Builder
Group: Users
Belgium
Quote Betelgeuze ()
you can add Kerbal Space ships?

Yes (although it's not too convenient). KSP ships are seperate parts, with one model for each part so you can't already have an entire spacecraft model directly ripped from the game. Theoretically, simply assembling these models in 3D software should do, but they're all in an encrypted .MU file format, so I can't use them.

However, I do have all models for the parts in the really old version of the game (0.18) because back then spaceship part models weren't encrypted, just .DAE's. I've previously tried assembling the part models in Blender and exporting them to SpaceEngine, with decent results. I so far have done 1 small and 1 larger station, and 1 small rocket. Here is one of them:

Today you will be able to download the ships from the thread. I'm currently adding them.

Oh and I also made this KSP shuttle

Attachments: 9504703.jpg (194.8 Kb)

I will be inactive on this forum for the time being. Might come back eventually

AMD AR-3305M APU w/ Radeon HD 1.90 GHz 6,00 GB RAM

Edited by RockoRocks - Sunday, 27.04.2014, 18:02

BetelgeuzeDate: Sunday, 27.04.2014, 18:43 | Message # 47
Space Pilot
Group: Banned
Belgium
oh nice smile

RockoRocksDate: Sunday, 27.04.2014, 19:41 | Message # 48
World Builder
Belgium
There, I've added the spaceships on my thread. Feel free to download them.

NovaSiliskoDate: Monday, 28.04.2014, 01:54 | Message # 49
Explorer
Group: SE team
United States
Well, a few things...

1. Engines connect to fuel tanks, not solid boosters.
2. There is no decoupler between the first stage and second stage of the rocket.
3. I don't recall being asked before Vanguard was used for this pack, but it's a bit late now.
4. I'm pretty sure this http://i.imgur.com/qSdUcG8.png is a capsule from the original Silisko Edition mod of mine. Maybe a different mod, but definitely mine... same thing applies from point 3.

RockoRocksDate: Monday, 28.04.2014, 07:34 | Message # 50
World Builder
Belgium
Quote NovaSilisko ()
1. Engines connect to fuel tanks, not solid boosters.
2. There is no decoupler between the first stage and second stage of the rocket.

That seems to be my own dumb mistake.
Quote NovaSilisko ()
3. I don't recall being asked before Vanguard was used for this pack, but it's a bit late now.

Do I have to remove it? Sorry for just placing it without asking any permission...
Quote NovaSilisko ()
4. I'm pretty sure this http://i.imgur.com/qSdUcG8.png is a capsule from the original Silisko Edition mod of mine. Maybe a different mod, but definitely mine... same thing applies from point 3.

You're right, i'll add credit for it

Edited by RockoRocks - Monday, 28.04.2014, 07:36

therealprincebowserkoopajDate: Thursday, 02.10.2014, 20:07 | Message # 51
Observer
Pirate
wow awesome now ksp mixes with space engine the kerbals have no idea how big of a universe they are stepping in every time they launch a rocket and go eva

Added (02.10.2014, 18:47)
---------------------------------------------

Quote RockoRocks ()
Back when I first made up these catalog files which is well a couple of months ago and I had yet to find out what all these parameters meant. So I copied most of the stuff from the solar system catalog, with some changes. I think the atmosphere pressure is 1e-9 because I probably copied that from Io's catalog file, which also has a pressure like that.

you should make it have 1 atm of pressure since its atmosphere is similar in hight to kerbin's

Added (02.10.2014, 19:06)
also now that you can have astronaut models (or will be able to) will you add kerbalnaught models?

Added (02.10.2014, 19:07)
we*

Tangle10Date: Thursday, 23.10.2014, 21:53 | Message # 52
Space Pilot
United States
Quote therealprincebowserkoopaj ()
you should make it have 1 atm of pressure since its atmosphere is similar in hight to kerbin's

Eve has 4 atms of atmosphere.

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

WatsisnameDate: Friday, 24.10.2014, 00:46 | Message # 53
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Quote therealprincebowserkoopaj ()

No they aren't, and 'height' of an atmosphere is a bad characteristic to use for comparison anyway. Kerbin reaches 10-6atm at ~69km. For Eve, that pressure occurs at ~108km.

To determine appearance of an atmosphere it is necessary to define the surface pressure and scale height. The surface pressures are 1atm vs. 5atm, and the scale heights are 5km vs 7km, for Kerbin and Eve respectively.

Quote Tangle10 ()
Eve has 4 atms of atmosphere.

It says 5atm on the wiki.

kaue4arp10Date: Thursday, 22.01.2015, 20:33 | Message # 54
Space Tourist
Brazil
Does this work with 0.9.7.2?

RockoRocksDate: Friday, 23.01.2015, 17:03 | Message # 55
World Builder
Belgium
kaue4arp10, normally they should work in 0.972. However, I may update it to make use of the .pak system, and perhaps even (optional) night-side lights on Kerbin.

therealprincebowserkoopajDate: Sunday, 25.01.2015, 23:55 | Message # 56
Observer
Pirate
Quote RockoRocks ()
and perhaps even (optional) night-side lights on Kerbin.

Please do that would be so awesome! you can get the map from the city lights mod wow earth and kerbin the only two life worlds with intellegent life in the space engine universe (Till he adds procedural lights that is) cry just awesome biggrin

yorsheeDate: Thursday, 26.03.2015, 00:15 | Message # 57
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
I dunno if this is still being updated, but Kerbin appears as a white sphere, Eve has a weird red spot on it, the Mun has clouds, Vall, Tylo, and Bop have a line across the textures where they don't look like they wrap around the planets properly, Minmus and Gilly both look really squished, and some of the moons (Minmus, Gilly, Ike, Bop, and Pol) don't show up under their parents in the planetary system viewer.

RockoRocksDate: Thursday, 26.03.2015, 16:53 | Message # 58
World Builder
Belgium
Quote yorshee ()
Kerbin appears as a white sphere

This has something to do with improperly specified clouds, didn't have this issue in the last version (turn off clouds on the right sidebar and you'll see). I might just remove the clouds layer to begin with, since the original Kerbin doesn't seem to have any clouds in the game either. If anyone wants to add the Earth clouds by themselves anyways, they can go ahead.
Quote yorshee ()
the Mun has clouds,

It actualy doesn't have clouds, but it does have an atmosphere that generated there now against my will, so a simple NoAtmosphere and NoClouds tag might fix it.
Quote yorshee ()
Minmus and Gilly both look really squished,

This is because I have no idea how to recreate the bumpy surfaces of the actual Minmus and Gilly from the game, so I just decided to make them really oblate for whatever reason. I don't have the bump maps for these objects either and even if I had them I wouldn't really know how to make them work. If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated
Quote yorshee ()
Eve has a weird red spot on it,

I have no idea what could be causing this, but it seems to have something to do with the atmosphere. I'll replace the atmosphere with a new one anyways, since the "Pinkworld" atmosphere model is now more appropriate for Eve than a darkened "Neptune" one.
Quote yorshee ()
Vall, Tylo, and Bop have a line across the textures where they don't look like they wrap around the planets properly,

I'll try to fix this whenever I find the time for it.

Quote yorshee ()
some of the moons (Minmus, Gilly, Ike, Bop, and Pol) don't show up under their parents in the planetary system viewer.

You need to make sure the checkbox for dwarf moons is on in the planetary system viewer. The latest version of SE seems to disable this by default.

I might post a small update correcting the atmospheric/clouds issues for Eve, the Mun and Kerbin soon.

I may also want to revise the entire catalog, because most of the information in it is now inconsistent with the KSP wiki. This is because at the time I originally made the planets (in 2013), there was not very much information available about the physical characteristics of the planets on the KSP wiki, so I just made values up or simply copied them from the Solar system.

Edited by RockoRocks - Thursday, 26.03.2015, 17:09

kaue4arp10Date: Thursday, 26.03.2015, 23:23 | Message # 59
Space Tourist
Brazil
Are you going to update this to use the new Pak system?

QuontexDate: Friday, 27.03.2015, 01:22 | Message # 60
Explorer
Australia
This would have been brilliant if the KSP RP was still going.

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Kerbal Space Program solar system addon (All the KSP planets now in Space Engine 0.9.7.3! [v1.5])
Search: