ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Sprite Mods (Post any sprite modifications you make)
Sprite Mods
HarbingerDawnDate: Saturday, 15.11.2014, 21:22 | Message # 16
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote DanLegere ()
For example, have multiple star_flare_name, star_part_name in the textures>common folder, and have the drop down menus to select which one to use in game. Beats replacing them and restarting SE every time.

It would time consuming to integrate mod support for every texture in the program. Maybe this will be done someday, but not soon.

If you want to save a little time now, take some time and make some batch files that automatically copy and rename the files you want to use when you want to use them, so you don't have to do it manually anymore. This saves a lot of time if you're going to be switching between a lot of different textures frequently.

I had a friend of mine make a batch file template for me to use to do this sort of thing a long time ago:

Code
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
set "source=F:\Program Files\SpaceEngine\textures\common"

cd \
cd %source%  

ECHO | DEL *star_part.png*

copy star_part_HD.png star_part.png

::ECHO Y | DEL *star_part.png*
::
::copy /y star_part_HD.png star_part.png

In the above example, the currently active texture star_part.png is deleted, then another texture named star_part_HD.png is copied and named star_part.png. This makes star_part_HD.png the new active texture. You will need a batch file for each individual texture you might want to use, and none of the textures can be named star_part.png.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 16.11.2014, 13:40 | Message # 17
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Quote DanLegere ()
it would nice to be able to put a bunch of these in the folder with custom names for each, and then have drop down menus in the graphics menu so we can select which ones to within SE.

0.972 will not use textures anymore. Particle shape will be computed in shader, and cannot be customizeable.

FireintheholeDate: Sunday, 16.11.2014, 14:01 | Message # 18
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Sweden
Quote SpaceEngineer ()
0.972 will not use textures anymore. Particle shape will be computed in shader, and cannot be customizeable.

Will there still be customization options such as star saturation and relative scale?

Love SpaceEngine!

SpaceEngineerDate: Sunday, 16.11.2014, 14:10 | Message # 19
Author of Space Engine
Russian Federation
Of course.

RoswellDate: Sunday, 12.06.2016, 04:06 | Message # 20
Pioneer
Group: Users
Canada
And can you make for RC2 ?

Forum » SpaceEngine » Mods and Addons » Sprite Mods (Post any sprite modifications you make)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: