ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » General Forum questions (Post here any question regarding the forum)
General Forum questions
HarbingerDawnDate: Friday, 15.04.2016, 14:27 | Message # 31
Cosmic Curator
Group: Administrators
United States
Quote Ostarisk ()
"BBcodes disabled".........

I just checked, and BBCodes in signatures are enabled for the Users group, so you definitely should be able to do that. Looking on this page alone I see two other users who have.

All forum users, please read this!
My SE mods and addons
Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 970 3584 MB VRAM

OstariskDate: Sunday, 17.04.2016, 22:07 | Message # 32
Pioneer
Group: Users
Australia
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
BBCodes in signatures are enabled for the Users group, so you definitely should be able to do that.

Ok then. thanks!

My mods

PlutonianEmpireDate: Thursday, 21.04.2016, 05:39 | Message # 33
Pioneer
United States
Question about the reputation system: How do I give someone multiple reputation points at one time?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Thursday, 21.04.2016, 05:42 | Message # 34
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
PlutonianEmpire, reputation amount increases with post count. I think the highest it goes is 4 but someone like HarbingerDawn would have to answer that.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

OstariskDate: Wednesday, 01.06.2016, 23:51 | Message # 35
Pioneer
Australia
Question, What exactly is the reproof for? I've been looking through various accounts and their reproofs are all 0%

My mods

DeathStarDate: Thursday, 02.06.2016, 00:21 | Message # 36
Pioneer
Croatia
Quote Ostarisk ()
Question, What exactly is the reproof for? I've been looking through various accounts and their reproofs are all 0%

If you're talking about the "Ban" stat, it's the number of times a user has been temp-banned for breaking the rules. If it reaches 100%, I'm pretty sure the user gets perma-banned. And while most accounts have 0%(since most people follow the rules), you can definitely find accounts with at least one reproof.(I know specific examples, but I don't want it to look like I'm causing tensions by calling those members out or something)

bigredstar91Date: Friday, 23.09.2016, 03:36 | Message # 37
Observer
Pirate
I am new to Space Engine still and learning a lot about it as well as getting interested into space so thank you folks for that smile Anywho, I am just wondering how is it possible to change the information about a planet/moon/star/etc such as when you click on the general button and down at the bottom where it says life forms and life biomes, how do you make that change to where you can put in your own text?

SalvoDate: Friday, 23.09.2016, 07:10 | Message # 38
Star Engineer
Group: Local Moderators
Italy
This thread is for questions about the forum itself, not Space Engine smile

For questions about Space Engine use this one.

Anyway, it's impossible to personalize the life forms/biomes text without editing the localization file, and changing that would change the text for every planet.

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 RAM: 8 GBs

(still don't know why everyone is doing this...)

bigredstar91Date: Friday, 23.09.2016, 12:41 | Message # 39
Observer
Pirate
Quote Salvo ()
Anyway, it's impossible to personalize the life forms/biomes text without editing the localization file, and changing that would change the text for every planet.

Ohhh okay. Because I though there was a way to do it for an individual planet because I know you can do that thing where you can click edit and it just does the general information about it but I was thinking there was a way you could also do the rest of the actual information for the planets. Thank you for the information though smile You've been a big help biggrin

MosfetDate: Friday, 23.09.2016, 12:47 | Message # 40
World Builder
Italy
bigredstar91, perhaps you're referring to script options explained in this thread:
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-2789-49351-16-1422811326

"Time is illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas N. Adams
My mods
Asus x555ub: cpu i5-6200u - ram 4gb - gpu nvidia geforce 940m 2gb vram

NoXionDate: Monday, 24.10.2016, 01:32 | Message # 41
Observer
Group: Newbies
United Kingdom
I'm asking here since I can't start a dedicated thread:

Why do so many Terra planets with life have such a large fraction of carbon dioxide as part of their atmospheres?

I've modified the life generation settings in the main-def.cfg so that most Terra planets have life. Having most Terra planets without life just makes no sense to me. The Earth is the way it is because of the life on its surface, and the way I see it the vast majority of other Terra planets would be no different. In any case, there seems to be a disconnect in the planetary generation process between atmospheric composition and the presence of life, which really is inaccurate!

Edited by NoXion - Monday, 24.10.2016, 01:32

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 24.10.2016, 01:44 | Message # 42
Galaxy Architect
United States
This is still just the first implementation of procedural atmospheric composition -- it should be greatly improved in future updates. smile

PlutonianEmpireDate: Monday, 24.10.2016, 05:05 | Message # 43
Pioneer
United States
If I want some threads of mine to be merged, who do I write a request to?

Specs: Dell Inspiron 5547 (Laptop); 8 gigabytes of RAM; Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz; Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (That's all there is :( )

WatsisnameDate: Monday, 24.10.2016, 23:44 | Message # 44
Galaxy Architect
United States
I can look into that for you. Send me a PM. smile

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » General Forum questions (Post here any question regarding the forum)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: