ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » How to find black holes?
How to find black holes?
M4saDate: Friday, 06.02.2015, 02:01 | Message # 16
Observer
Group: Newbies
Germany
Quote form_d_k ()
Personally, I think the game should crash with "Unknown Error" if you try to jump to the center of a black hole.

I hate that this was implemented. Anytime I go near a black hole I crash now

Donatelo200Date: Friday, 06.02.2015, 04:28 | Message # 17
Explorer
Group: Users
United States
Hahaha it was NOT implemented as hilarious as it would be it isn't. I can land on the 'surface' or event horizon with no issues besides maybe getting dizzy and I have an integrated graphics card which are know to cause issues. wink Check the troubleshooting thread there may be a solution to your problem there.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 16G-D3-1600-MR 2x8GB
MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

Edited by Donatelo200 - Friday, 06.02.2015, 04:29

easterninfernoDate: Sunday, 08.02.2015, 16:56 | Message # 18
Space Tourist
Pirate
This post is probably not related to the thread,but i think its ok to post it here right?

I wanted to ask SpaceEngineer some questions :).I read your plans for the game,so will it be ok to ask?
Lets get to the questions shall we?
Ok,first question is:

1) Are you planing on making Both Multiplayer and Singleplayer SE?I mean,making the game Pure multiplayer will kill all the fun :(.

2)Will there be types of gameplay for like colonizing the galaxies and/or research?Or this will remain an exploration game? (Its ok if it remains an exploration game,not my idea smile )

3)Are all starts except of discovered ones random/procedurall?And can other players find the same random stars I did? (I think they are random and people need to download them in order to have them right?)

That are all the questions for now,thanks!Also,im new to this game and it looks very promising,even though i cant play it :(.And im not an astronomer,rocket sciencist,physicist like a lot of people here,im just and ordinary guy that likes the Cosmos ;).

And i have always been bothered about ultimate scientific questions like:

1)Are we alone in the Cosmos?

Or

2)Are humans the only extra-terestrial race in the universe,or the first race that evolved to become sentient?

Thanks if you can give me your opinion of these questions,great game by the way.

When will our goverments forget about the borders,and start looking into the stars as a species?

Edited by easterninferno - Sunday, 08.02.2015, 17:03

HandbananaDate: Monday, 09.02.2015, 03:30 | Message # 19
Astronaut
United States
Quote easterninferno ()
This post is probably not related to the thread,but i think its ok to post it here right?

Why not just create a new thread? It only takes an extra ten seconds.

Tonight... you.

easterninfernoDate: Monday, 09.02.2015, 08:09 | Message # 20
Space Tourist
Pirate
Quote Handbanana ()
Why not just create a new thread? It only takes an extra ten seconds

Because i cant create new threads for just 3,4 questions.It will die shortly after posting it and it will remain there and possibly cause a flood. smile

When will our goverments forget about the borders,and start looking into the stars as a species?

SpaceEngineerDate: Tuesday, 10.02.2015, 10:51 | Message # 21
Author of Space Engine
Group: Administrators
Russian Federation
Quote easterninferno ()
1) Are you planing on making Both Multiplayer and Singleplayer SE?I mean,making the game Pure multiplayer will kill all the fun :(.

Yes

Quote easterninferno ()
2)Will there be types of gameplay for like colonizing the galaxies and/or research?Or this will remain an exploration game? (Its ok if it remains an exploration game,not my idea )

http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/14-415-1

Quote easterninferno ()
3)Are all starts except of discovered ones random/procedurall?And can other players find the same random stars I did? (I think they are random and people need to download them in order to have them right?)

Of course SE universe is the same for every player. Just think: how could you load SE at the same place where you have closed it yesterday, if all would be randomly generated? SE saved only your coordinates in the config.

easterninfernoDate: Thursday, 12.02.2015, 19:13 | Message # 22
Space Tourist
Pirate
Thanks,thats what i like to hear :)...Keep up the good work!

So,players have to download content to see what i have found?This is important because i dont want to run into already discovered planets,can you also make an option to delete coordinates and have it all randomize again?
I mean its ok if that planets,start,galaxies are true astronomical data,but are all other starts randomly generated?
Well,i understand that i have these planets i discovered remain there when i come back to the same star,but can other players found taht planet in the same star i did?I think not because its a random infinite universe smile
This game brings me to my emotions,i cried when i discovered a video about it,so much beautifull...

That would be cool.

Edited by easterninferno - Thursday, 12.02.2015, 19:19

JayDate: Monday, 15.06.2015, 03:46 | Message # 23
Observer
United States
From Space Engine's Manual:

"For a galaxy, star cluster or nebula, pressing [Shift]+[G] keys will provide a quick flight to them and arrive within a certain distance from their centers. The camera will rotate to the center of an object during the flight to it. On arrival at the object, press [Ctrl]+[G] to fly slowly to the center of an object, or press it again to fly faster. With galaxies or globular clusters, the camera will arrive at the objects central black hole."

niklasDate: Sunday, 09.08.2015, 19:36 | Message # 24
Observer
United States
back on the original topic of the thread, i found one by pressing g when i select a galaxy then just adjusting my speed to get to the center and move in a straight line

Added (31.07.2015, 15:50)
---------------------------------------------
OMG at the center of RG 0-8-5692166-930 i found an invisible black hole. mabye it just didn't render

Added (09.08.2015, 19:36)
any of those large clusters of stars you find will have a black hole at its center. select one, press g and press w or s with different velocities until you reach about 100 AU in distance, then you will find it

richardtargettDate: Friday, 26.08.2016, 09:31 | Message # 25
Observer
Pirate
find a cluster of stars. or a galaxy and click control G.

Thats what reddit told me, it just pops up. It's black

Added (26.08.2016, 09:31)
WOW>

You can actually get stuck in it to

spacerDate: Friday, 26.08.2016, 09:58 | Message # 26
Star Engineer
Israel
just open star browser with shift+f3
x type is a black hole

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

sct_0Date: Saturday, 27.08.2016, 18:09 | Message # 27
Observer
Germany
Hey, I've been looking for S5 0014+81 (the biggest black hole known to men), but I can't find it, not even when I go to Cepheus itself (it's galaxy) or by searching in the catalog.
Is it not in the game, or am I just to dumb to find it?

steeljaw354Date: Saturday, 27.08.2016, 18:11 | Message # 28
World Builder
Pirate
Step 1: Go to star browser
Step 2: Search any planet around class "X"
Step 3: Search and wait for the filter to sort it out and eventually one will pop up.

If that doesn't work
Step 1: Find a galaxy
Step 2: Fly into it's center with the indication marker on.
Step 3: Eventually you will find a cluster in the very center and you will find a system with lots of stars orbiting a black hole.

WatsisnameDate: Saturday, 27.08.2016, 20:19 | Message # 29
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
sct_0, this object is a very distant quasar and isn't currently in Space Engine. SE hasn't implemented quasars yet and catalog objects only extend so far -- in the distant universe everything is procedural.

You can find large black holes at the centers of galaxies though.

KarakurtDate: Friday, 23.09.2016, 19:18 | Message # 30
Space Tourist
France
Yeah this object isn't implemented yet. However, I just discovered a supermassive black hole that is 412 UA large (62 billion km) which is one of the largest knowns and it is only 3/4 times smaller than S5 0014. It's located at the center of the largest known galaxy, the IC 1101.

Also there are quasars in SE, but they're just mini galaxies not real quasars, search for APM.

Edited by Karakurt - Friday, 23.09.2016, 20:14

Forum » SpaceEngine » General Discussions » How to find black holes?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: