[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Challenge: The Photodetective Game
Challenge: The Photodetective Game
VoekoevakaDate: Sunday, 09.02.2014, 20:22 | Message # 16
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Quote HarbingerDawn ()
It's an irregular galaxy viewed from underwater.

Wow, you win !

So fast.

Edit : by the way, there could be a bug in such galaxies : all the stars I clicked on were blue main sequence stars...

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

Edited by Voekoevaka - Sunday, 09.02.2014, 20:23

DisasterpieceDate: Sunday, 09.02.2014, 21:43 | Message # 17
World Builder
Group: Users
United States
Quote Voekoevaka ()
Edit : by the way, there could be a bug in such galaxies : all the stars I clicked on were blue main sequence stars...

There are others, but blue main sequence stars seem to be much more prevalent.

I play teh spase engien

JCandeiasDate: Sunday, 09.02.2014, 22:47 | Message # 18
Pioneer
Group: Translators
Portugal
Oh, this forked? Voekoevaka, you anarchist you... tongue

OK, let's put some order into this. Tangle10, it's your turn to put up an image. Then it's HarbingerDawn's, then whoever guesses Tangle10's, and so forth. Unless one of them passes, of course.

They let me use this!

Tangle10Date: Monday, 10.02.2014, 01:26 | Message # 19
Space Pilot
United States
Oh! Sorry I wasn't on.
Probably easy to guess, but whatever it's cool.

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

Edited by Tangle10 - Monday, 10.02.2014, 01:26

anonymousgamerDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 01:39 | Message # 20
World Builder
Group: Global Moderators
United States
White star on the left, orange star on the right, the gas giant has a debris field.

Desktop: FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB, 2 TB HDD, 24 inch 1920x1080 screen
Laptop: Core i5 480M 2.66 GHz (turbo 2.93), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6550m 1 GB, 640 GB HDD, 17.3 inch 1600x900 screen

Tangle10Date: Monday, 10.02.2014, 02:13 | Message # 21
Space Pilot
United States
anonymousgamer, you're not right but somewhere near it.

Tips for finding Earth-Like planets: Look for F, G, or K Class stars. M class habitables will almost always be tidelocked. Oceanias can, of course, also be habitable, they just have tiny amounts of land.

JCandeiasDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 02:26 | Message # 22
Pioneer
Portugal
White, or maybe yellow, star on the left, orange star on the right, a bunch of asteroids/comets in the background (markers are on). Also, this is somewhere to the galactic south: the magellanic clouds are visible, plus a sliver of the Milky Way.

Oh, yes, and the planet itself looks like a gas giant. It can also be an ice giant, though... wink

They let me use this!

Edited by JCandeias - Monday, 10.02.2014, 02:30

Tangle10Date: Monday, 10.02.2014, 12:04 | Message # 23
Space Pilot
United States
JCandeias, very close but the number of stars is a bit higher. And yes, it's a gas giant. A frozen one.

spacerDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 14:16 | Message # 24
Star Engineer
Israel
maybe white star in the left side and red and orenge stars in the right?

"we began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still"
-carl sagan

-space engine photographer

JCandeiasDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 15:15 | Message # 25
Pioneer
Portugal
Well, I don't think we should demand people to guess stuff that isn't guessable by looking at the pictures. For instance, if a planet revolves around two very close M stars, it'll look exactly as it would look if it revolved around a single M star, in which case it doesn't make sense to demand people to say it's two stars, not one.

This, as a general rule. Here, there might be signs of a third star indeed, so let's try again.

White, or maybe yellow, star on the left, orange star on the right, a third star, possibly yellow (but it can also be hotter and more distant), behind and to the bottom right, a bunch of asteroids/comets in the background (markers are on). Also, this is somewhere to the galactic south: the magellanic clouds are visible, plus a sliver of the Milky Way. And the planet itself is a gas giant.

They let me use this!

Edited by JCandeias - Monday, 10.02.2014, 16:17

DIS7RICTDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 21:47 | Message # 26
Space Pilot
Australia
White star on the right, blue star on the left and a brown dwarf underneath with a debris field? I don't know haha!

I've got one I want to post, is that alright?

PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX670 2GB, Win 7 64-bit

There'll be another time...

JCandeiasDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 21:54 | Message # 27
Pioneer
Portugal
Quote DIS7RICT ()
I've got one I want to post, is that alright?

After you win one challenge, yes. But not before that, please.

They let me use this!

Tangle10Date: Monday, 10.02.2014, 22:36 | Message # 28
Space Pilot
United States
It's not that. There is no third star to the bottom right. All extra stars are on one of the sides.

VoekoevakaDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 22:48 | Message # 29
World Builder
Group: SE team
France
Tangle10, you enabled markers on an asteroid belt.

Want some music of mine ? Please go here !

JCandeiasDate: Monday, 10.02.2014, 22:59 | Message # 30
Pioneer
Portugal
Quote Tangle10 ()
It's not that. There is no third star to the bottom right. All extra stars are on one of the sides.

Then it's impossible to get that information from this picture and there's no point in trying to guess. This isn't a guessing game - it's a deduction game. It stops once the elements you can use to deduct stuff from are exhausted, which is clearly the case. Maybe there's a M/F star combo to the right, maybe it's a K star -- if the effect on the planet is the same, both answers are possible and both are correct.

So I win, and I pass.

HarbingerDawn, it's your turn to put a picture up. Next will be whoever gets it right.

They let me use this!

Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Challenge: The Photodetective Game
Search: