ENG New site

Advanced search

[ New messages · Forum rules · Members ]
  • Page 10 of 10
  • «
Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Beautiful terras with life (Post pictures :))
Beautiful terras with life
WatsisnameDate: Sunday, 27.11.2016, 01:24 | Message # 136
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
United States
Assuming I understand it correctly, then at present, the search algorithm does not actually scan the entire volume you set -- it stops when some number of systems have been scanned, so you're not getting every object that satisfies your search criteria. Applying this to a whole galaxy would be pretty much pointless.

A search which does go through every system in the volume and return all positive results, applied to a whole galaxy, would take a very long time. I'm pretty sure that if you had such a search feature, it would be a thing you would try once and never do again. smile

DoctorOfSpaceDate: Sunday, 27.11.2016, 01:57 | Message # 137
Galaxy Architect
Group: Global Moderators
Pirate
Quote Watsisname ()
A search which does go through every system in the volume and return all positive results, applied to a whole galaxy, would take a very long time

A little under 5 months if you wanted to scan an entire galaxy roughly the size of the Milky Way. You would need a lot of memory to store all the info in regardless, so I don't think the engine can handle it.

Intel Core i7-5820K 4.2GHz 6-Core Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB

Forum » SpaceEngine » Space Journeys » Beautiful terras with life (Post pictures :))
  • Page 10 of 10
  • «
Search: